labellementeuse: a textless icon of a woman knitting with very long needles (knit knitknitknit)
[personal profile] labellementeuse posting in [community profile] knittingpix
I've been saving these up until I had enough for a mini spam. :) I've been knitting like a demon this (Southern Hemisphere) winter and I have a few things to show for it. Millions more photos at the relevant project pages ...


I made these legwarmers with some leftover DK from a sweater I finished this year. In the end they didn't stay up by themselves and I had to sew little elastic garters, but they don't show when I'm wearing them and they keep my ankles warm so I'll call it a good deal.




This was a quick project for my flatmate's birthday. The yarn was a bit spendy - a lovely possum blend - but unbelievably nice to knit with. Birthday bow-knot scarf





I knit the bulk of this project over a week where I was really sick. Considering that, I'm pretty pleased with how it turned out, and it did a good job at stashbusting (I'm two years into a knit-only-from-stash-wherever-possible yarn diet ... this lovely alpaca has been hanging around for about four years; thrilled to get round to using it. I made a bunch of modifications to the pattern; my first go at vertical bust darts (which I probably didn't do sufficiently severely), I also tried to improvise a not-completely-successful-if-I'm-honest set-in sleeve, and I lengthened the sleeves to 3/4. It should be pretty useful this spring!

Unblocked and unbuttoned, to show off the colour:


And blocked and buttoned, to show off the lace:


Last of all: my current WIP!


I was inspired by this beautiful pattern, because I knew I had a bunch of grey and many other scraps in my stash. But I also knew that I don't really like boat necklines and I just like rainbows a lot and have a lot of scraps in my stash, so I went ahead and gave it a much brighter yoke and played around with the Incredible Custom-fit Raglan until I had a neckline I think I like. Where it stands now:



I incorporated significant vertical bust darts, which were really fun and easy in a top-down project, increasing before the bust and decreasing quite severely under the bust. I think it fits great - I was aiming for zero ease and I think that's what I got. Before I finish the skirt I'll go back and pick up stitches around the neckline and give it a ribbed edge, and finish off the sleeves. Then I'll just knit the skirt until I run out of grey, then switch to ribbing in the rainbow colours. Hopefully it'll be long enough to wear as a dress and not just as a tunic. Not sure at this stage whether it'll be seven thick ribbed bands or if I'll change colour every row to get a real riot. I'm hoping the skirt will have a kind of pumpkin effect rather than the square skirt the original pattern has. We'll see if I managed the increases properly or not!
From:
Anonymous
OpenID
Identity URL: 
User
Account name:
Password:
If you don't have an account you can create one now.
Subject:
HTML doesn't work in the subject.

Message:

 
Notice: This account is set to log the IP addresses of everyone who comments.
Links will be displayed as unclickable URLs to help prevent spam.

Profile

knittingpix: A pink mitten (Default)
Post pictures of your projects and patterns

June 2017

S M T W T F S
    1 23
45678910
11121314151617
18192021222324
252627282930 

Style Credit

Expand Cut Tags

No cut tags